Nameplate rendering range is insanely short

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
pinkfl4ppy
Esquire
Esquire

Nameplate rendering range is insanely short

I don't ever remember having issues with seeing friendly names or enemy names but it seems to me that you have to be nearly standing on top of someone before their name shows up on screen. Is this planning to be adjusted or is this how it will end up staying?
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Re: Nameplate rendering range is insanely short

I have the same impression.... maybe it's just a sensation, but it seems really short
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Meticode
Esquire
Esquire

pinkfl4ppy wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:30 am I don't ever remember having issues with seeing friendly names or enemy names but it seems to me that you have to be nearly standing on top of someone before their name shows up on screen. Is this planning to be adjusted or is this how it will end up staying?
Hello! Thanks for your post! It would really help if you could post a screenshot or video of this? I personally find it normal, but I don't need to stand on top of someone. I think nameplates are 750-1000 units when they show up for me.
tomhardly
Wanderer
Wanderer

I do recall this from Live many years back, you'd have to really closely watch the enemy to see what race/armor they were to get an idea what was coming or have someone in group good at clicking moving targets :)
Masakari
Wanderer
Wanderer

My brother had the feeling after first minute in RVR. And i must give him right.
In the Past ( Pre-NF) when we played. You were able to see Names on Max Range when they Pop. To see if enemy or not.

Its definitly to close! When its dark, its insane hard to click a Target to see friendly or not. Specially in Speed.
An Increase to 2000 Range would be really nice!
Meticode
Esquire
Esquire

Masakari wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:26 pm My brother had the feeling after first minute in RVR. And i must give him right.
In the Past ( Pre-NF) when we played. You were able to see Names on Max Range when they Pop. To see if enemy or not.

Its definitly to close! When its dark, its insane hard to click a Target to see friendly or not. Specially in Speed.
An Increase to 2000 Range would be really nice!
Since the last reboot there is now a /command for changing the rendering distance of nameplates.

/nameplate <desired distance>

Enjoy!
Masakari
Wanderer
Wanderer

Absolutly Awesome!
PapaSchmu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Its 2k max nice :D
Masakari
Wanderer
Wanderer

For me it seems like its not working. But its definitly insane short. Where is the problem to make it Classic range again? You get Eye Cancer glaring on the Screen and trying to click a grey small target in a grey fog. No idea who likes this. Me its not
Marcus
Count
Count

Masakari wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:16 pm For me it seems like its not working. But its definitly insane short. Where is the problem to make it Classic range again? You get Eye Cancer glaring on the Screen and trying to click a grey small target in a grey fog. No idea who likes this. Me its not
Type /nameplate