Hib Quests

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Hib Quests

I've been leveling a Ranger solo and although it has been somewhat slow the kill task quests speed things up a lot.

However, I ran into trouble after I got to level 44.5 and ran out of quests. Perhaps I messed up but I did all the quests in Lough Gur, Bog of Cullen, Cursed Forest and Liervik. Killing yellow mobs yields around 0.02 bubs of XP, so in order to get to level 45 and the new quests I am going to have to kill about 250 mobs.

A few additional quests in the 40-45 range would avoid this.

Thanks for this server!
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Hib Quests

Update on this issue.

I grinded out 45 and got all the new quests, completed a few of them, but most of the mobs are red and even purple to a level 46.

If the intent is for a solo to be able to get to 50 in a reasonable amount of time, then I'm not sure how this is possible currently.
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

OK, so I have 9 remaining 45-49 quests that at level 46 cannot be completed.

I have made the best of the ROGs that dropped while leveling, but at this point I have mostly blue armor and weapons. My hits/stats are capped, but my resists and skills have lots of gaps. I can handle an average OJ mob, but that is it.

So it seems I will have to grind another level on random mobs and hope for better gear.

I guess the bottom line is - what is the staffs days played goal for a solo to level to 50? Maybe what I am experiencing is the design intent.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

stewbeedoo wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:59 pm what is the staffs days played goal for a solo to level to 50?
From everything I have read concerning feedback for solo xp and loot, it seems that the dev team is trying to do everything they can to discourage any type of solo activity on the server. Guild xp buffs, frontier bonus xp bonuses, and dungeon xp bonuses will be your friend when you're trying to grind out those solo levels. Grouping, be it full, duo, or small, is about the only way you're going to accelerate your pace and stand a chance of keeping up with your equipment needs.
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Idi wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:57 pm
stewbeedoo wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:59 pm what is the staffs days played goal for a solo to level to 50?
From everything I have read concerning feedback for solo xp and loot, it seems that the dev team is trying to do everything they can to discourage any type of solo activity on the server. Guild xp buffs, frontier bonus xp bonuses, and dungeon xp bonuses will be your friend when you're trying to grind out those solo levels. Grouping, be it full, duo, or small, is about the only way you're going to accelerate your pace and stand a chance of keeping up with your equipment needs.
Thanks for the feedback - that seems consistent with what I'm experiencing.

I am trying to get to 50 pure solo as an experiment to understand the time required. But I'm not sure I have the patience to grind out 47 - 50. We will see if my OCD is strong enough.
Marcus
Count
Count

stewbeedoo wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:15 am I've been leveling a Ranger solo and although it has been somewhat slow the kill task quests speed things up a lot.

However, I ran into trouble after I got to level 44.5 and ran out of quests. Perhaps I messed up but I did all the quests in Lough Gur, Bog of Cullen, Cursed Forest and Liervik. Killing yellow mobs yields around 0.02 bubs of XP, so in order to get to level 45 and the new quests I am going to have to kill about 250 mobs.

A few additional quests in the 40-45 range would avoid this.

Thanks for this server!
You are probably missing some quests. There are multiple kill quests in each BG as well. 1 full level for taking each BG ck. 1 full level for completing each Classic Dungeon quest. 1 full level for completing each SI Dungeon quest (repeatable).