Question about length of play time before new seasons

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Demelza
Wanderer
Wanderer

Question about length of play time before new seasons

As this says season 2, how long before there is a wipe and a season 3? why is there a wipe once a year? I feel like doing this lvling thing over and over every year is a pain. I love this game love this community but I have not put alot into being in an elite guild etc etc because .. we are just gonna wipe again? Anyway just wanted to find out is it always gonna be a wipe of all the work you put in to "season" persay?
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Question about length of play time before new seasons

I think you are really calling into question the value of a "seasons" approach.

The rationale is that population gradually declines as people get bored of their nostalgia trip or the gap between more casual players and hardcore grows to the point where the casuals quit.

Seasons allow the casuals to restart and compete and renews the nostalgia. Personally I love it. Plus the fact that you retain crafting skills and RR is awesome - you are not completely starting over.
seatfiller
Wanderer
Wanderer

I missed season one and started season 2 fresh. I think they struck a good balance by gating the RR to begin the season.

I won’t look forward to having my character wiped for season 3, but at least the leveling and gearing up isn’t that hard. I’d even say it’s worth it to experience a fresh server.
cptsalty
Wanderer
Wanderer

I came to play here mainly because Seasons is a great idea to handle private servers. Otherwise they boom in population upon launch, then the interest fades away and population declines again, and people move on to the next private server.

Thats how it always worked on private UO shards everytime.

Season seem like a great way to do it, and also it keeps people in the lower level bg's all the time so they are worth playing in as well, and honestly leveling seems incredibly easy. I got to lvl 15 in 2 hours and I didn't really know what I was doing.
TyGeR
Esquire
Esquire

At first I thought I wouldnt like the season approach with wipes. But so far i like it. I moved from Hib in season 1 to Alb for season 2. The new season gave me the perfect spot to make the move. Season 3 maybe I'll go Mid, or back to Hib, guess we'll see when the time comes.
Last edited by TyGeR on Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Leveling is pretty fast and I also like the opportunity to start a new char each season and be on a level playing field. Getting farmed by RR12s on an RR2 Char gets old fast. Chars from previous seasons gain back their RR as the RP cap rises while you play the new char. Pretty sweet.
Asulfr
Wanderer
Wanderer

The seasons system is amazing! But please add an instant 50 stone that we can buy for alts. 25k BPs? Just a thought...
Griz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Took me 50 hrs to quest to 50. Would I do it again? nope.
impsh.
Wanderer
Wanderer

It took me 16 hours to go from level 14 to level 41 in the BGs. Would I do it again? Absolutely.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Griz wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:05 pm Took me 50 hrs to quest to 50. Would I do it again? nope.
There's a learning curve to the quest system, for sure, but once you figure it out, you can make good progress even as a solo toon. Group questing, or group BG leveling goes even faster when you have a good plan and can execute.

I like the fact the devs are trying to implement solutions to problems that have been identified on private servers over the years, and hope the process continues. Most of the decisions they've made have been pretty reasonable and contribute to the enjoyment of the game, but there's always room for improvement.