Archery

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Dehth
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Archery

Marcus wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:52 am If you think there is a bug with archery, then find the correct archery formulas and data from patch 1.9x to use and make a bug report. We are looking into this as well.
I really don't know if it is a bug...someone with more exp/time might be able to test/ comment but to me Archery spec does not seem to affect dmg.

What I mean is that lets say you get your power shot at level 13. You don't get the next one until level 20. Even though you are speccing archery that whole time up to 20 your level 13 power shot never seems to increase in dmg. So by the time you are trying to exp on level 18 and 19 mobs your shots are doing inconsequential dmg. Also I see no difference in the arrow dmg types...slash/pierce/blunt all do the same dmg. One the things archers had was the ability to match damage type to mob vulnerability....this does not seem to be a thing here...at least so far at the low levels I have tried. For that matter I can't see why fire/cold etc arrows have a 7 sec shot time compared to 5 for blunt/slash/pierce? I mean all it is a dmg type difference and that does not seems to matter. So as you are leveling you are getting these new arrows that would will never use as the dmg type gives you no bonus and there a 7 sec fire time compared to 5.
Ganaka
Wanderer
Wanderer

My two copper... A single archer cannot interrupt an opposing caster more than once due to the long "cast" time. Any caster opponent will easily get off a few more spells in the next 7 seconds. Using the shorter cast times, with the tradeoff of less damage, would make sense if the damage was on par for a DD. The longer draw times should be equivalent to Bolt damage.

I suppose the purpose of the Crit Shot abilities is so that the Archer does not "knock" an arrow and reveal themself before firing the shot? The other abilities do not have that feature?
Lylinae
Wanderer
Wanderer

I suppose the purpose of the Crit Shot abilities is so that the Archer does not "knock" an arrow and reveal themself before firing the shot? The other abilities do not have that feature?
You can fire any shot from stealth.
Crit shot requires you to start casting from stealth, other shots don't.
Crit shot will pierce through a caster's bladeturn, without breaking it, other shots will get absorbed by the bladeturn, and break it.

That's why the opening combo from stealth, on a caster, is Crit shot => Rapid fire => Standard/Pointblank shot (depending on distance). You want your 2nd shot that will be absorbed by the bladeturn to be cast as fast as possible.

For Rvr, there is no point having Power shot in your bars as it has a fixed casting speed, it is 100% useless.
Eeil/Vangonaj
Wanderer
Wanderer

Marcus wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:52 am If you think there is a bug with archery, then find the correct archery formulas and data from patch 1.9x to use and make a bug report. We are looking into this as well.
Maybe isnt a bug but its unplayable. Unplayable in pve and pvp. Why i cant prepare shot if i dont have a target, or is out of range?
Lylinae
Wanderer
Wanderer

Why i cant prepare shot if i dont have a target, or is out of range?
In this version, archery is a spell:
- You cannot cast a targeted spell without a target.
- You cannot cast a targeted spell while out of range.
Masakari
Wanderer
Wanderer

Update Level 34 Ranger:
Shots becomes stronger now.
Its possible to kill most Cloth wearing Casters 1on1 WHEN you are in the right position!
When you are not. You still cant kill them.
Other stealthers:
Every other Stealther with first hit on you wins. Thats okay...but only because of Bufffood.
The Selfbuffs from Ranger are pointless. They are even weaker than the Bufffood you can buy xD.
In my Eyes Bufffood is stupid. But well....Developers want them. So we have to live with it.
Chain using Targets:
Skald and Minstrel: Dont try them Solo. You are dead
Shield using Enemies: Dont try them. You can flee. Or you are dead
Now comes the interesting part:
Healer, Shaman, Cleric
Theres a Chance to kill them. But only when you DONT MISS a Single shot! And when they arent playing perfectly. And its still a very very hard try to do.
With a 5% Missrate you have already a 5% Failrate to die in RVR just over RNG.
In total i would say:
Ranger is a Adder Class only on Level 34. And without Buffpots you dont need to play him. Or you are frustrated like hell.
Making Classes bound to Pots is in my eyes pointless. But okay.
Balancing Bow Users is a hard try, i know.
But if i could do a change. I would take out the 5,5% Missrate. And change it to 0%. And then watch it.
5,5% Missrate while you need 4-5 Arrows each Enemy means: Every 3rd Enemy you attack FIRST out of the "Winner" Position is still a Lose. I have no idea why it is so. But It seems like when you miss. Enemy casters doesnt seem interrupted.
While every cast on yourself seem to interupt for 4 seconds +. So as soon as you are hit by anything. You can go Close Combat ( pointless because of Buffpots Endurance ). You can Flee ( 50% Failrate + ). Wait for your death ( easiest and fastest way to play again )
Trollocaust
Wanderer
Wanderer

New archery system is trash, always was.
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

I agree that critshot is pretty useless here - it should hit harder.

But it was never really possible to completely bow down enemies on an archer. If you hit them at max range they can just run out of range.

When I played Ranger on Live and Phoenix my solo strategy was to critshot an incoming target when they were relatively close to me, then get off 1 or 2 pointblank shots and then melee them down. My spec and RAs were all melee-oriented since this was important to finish solo kills. This approach also keeps casters interrupted and with purge up you can get rid of any roots etc. they try. Having stronger melee also helps against assassins which you will fight a lot solo. On Celestius I didn't lose very many fights to assassins and I'm hoping the balance is the same here.
Janclode - Morbraz
Esquire
Esquire

je constate les mêmes choses que mes frères d'armes archers ...
et quel problème pour être dans un groupe.. sauf 100% furtifs si on trouve un speed..
Marcus
Count
Count

pinkfl4ppy wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:27 am It is not worth rolling an archer toon - the cast time between shots and the damage is almost unplayable / laughable. Crit shot and power shotting green con casters for only maybe 20% dmg? and after first shot they run out of range so you just wasted 5-6s loading the second arrow lol. My toon has all good gear that is available with capped dex, str, quick, + archery etc., and it is like i am running around naked with a training bow.

I know at level 50 with max dex and cast speed archers are much much easier to play and get kills with but I do not ever remember being in thid and it being this bad.
Archer formula damage has since been fixed in the patch notes. I would recommend using pot buffs if you are below level 50 as well.

- Revised formula for Archery, this will generally result in higher damage.