15 year Dark Age Veteran experiencing Eden for the first time

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
ZakkTower
Wanderer
Wanderer

15 year Dark Age Veteran experiencing Eden for the first time

Day 1) I had to cross reference the Eden Wiki and try to figure out where the best places to quest were. It seems as if every recommedation for your specific level range allows you to get the quests, but you will have a hard time soloing them as most are high orange+ cons. I was lucky enough to find a group in some battlegrounds that made me realize its literally not even worth attempting to level solo. Resource expenditure is significantly less in groups, less interrupts, less kiting required, buffs (why are bots forbidden again??), faster damage output, bonus XP for different classes, and it allows you to kill all the recommended mobs in seconds.

Since that group was a few levels higher than I was, they outleveled me and moved onto the next BG. Back to soloing again.

Side Note...These Kill Quests are boring as shit and tedious. Also that red dot doesn't always indicate the best place to kill said mob so you can spend hours running around not progressing.

Day 2) around 5pm on a Saturday, so near primetime hours, I log in at level 30 and go into the 30-34 battleground. I spammed in LFG and Advice chat for 30 mins trying to find anyone to group with. Nobody. I type /who Wildon (or whatever the 30-34 BG was, i checked in that moment) and there was one other individual who didnt respond to my message. I proceed to spend the next 45 mins killing 20 oranges just to get two quests done. I ran from recommended red dot to next recommended red dot just to find another camp that outleveled me until settling. After realizing I gained minimal XP from those two turn-ins, I got frustrated and went to the next place recommended on Eden Wiki, Yarley's Farm. After experiencing the same orange con+ issues as before, I found a cabalist that was killing the same mobs as me. He killed two with me, and then left.

Boom... I'm back to the worst solo exp experience of my life again.
I proceed to spam in advice and LFG chats again for 2 accumulated hours.

I'm not excited to log in. I'm certainly not excited to hit 35 and start the same mentioned questing issue until it repeats at 40. Enhance the leveling on this free shard as there is a severe issue.

I want to RvR as that is the heart and soul of this game. I don't want to be tortured. At least previously your friends could just PL you to 50 in a few hours on a new toon and you're good to go. It doesn't have to be that per say, but add some other option.
Jordey
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: 15 year Dark Age Veteran experiencing Eden for the first time

People are still leveling and temping toons, etc. You are just starting at a weird time.

The server is less than a month old and it's the biggest holiday season in the world. You are also playing in NA time. NA prime time the population dips substantially and it's harder to find groups. It's *always* been this way on shards.

All of that said, find a guild... make friends... don't turn in the quests until you complete them *all* and you will get substantially more exp. They made EXP brainless here because nobody wants to spend 5 days leveling a toon. I'm sorry you've had a poor experience in the couple of days you've played but you're missing some pretty crucial components to making the game more social in general.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Re: 15 year Dark Age Veteran experiencing Eden for the first time

The solo game is rough, for sure, and it's always a better option to find at least a partner to duo with if possible. Some things I found to limit the solo pain:

1. Buff pots. Use them all as soon as you possibly can. They make a huge difference.

2. Start running the quests when you're at the top of the level cap. So if you're in the level 30-34 quest range, you want to run them when you're level 34 so the mobs will be easier and faster to kill.

3. Use /xpoff to prevent yourself from going over the cap. If you're quest cap is 34 and you're about to hit 35 before you finish all the quests available, just turn off your xp, finish all the quests, then use /xpon to turn in and get credit for all the quests.

4. Do the horse quest at level 20 so you have access to speed if your class doesn't have any.

I ran ALL the quests I could find for my level in both the classic and SI zones. I saved them up for a final turn in once they were all done for that level range. This usually put my character right back at the top of the quest level for the next rounds.

The quests give you the most xp for the time investment when running solo, so take full advantage of them when you can't find a partner/group.