Archery

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Trollocaust
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Archery

I played archers almost exclusively at release and the first few months. I haven't been able to play archers since the new system was implemented. It's a real joke.

Archers used to be the bane of solo players, most of the time you wouldn't have to use melee at all except to finish off people.

Now archery is basically a novelty, you're basically a shitty light tank with stealth and the ability to drop people to 80% before they get into range.

Either go back to the old archery system or remove archers altogether.
Jhaerik
Wanderer
Wanderer

Oh really? New archery?
Bleh.

Then again when I heard of a Gareth/Lamorak like server being advertised.. this wasn't what I was expecting at all.

As far as I can tell Eden has almost nothing in common with the Classic servers...

When I think of Classic servers I think of catacombs, task dungeons, melee rangers with PD, Bainshee shenanigans keeps, warlock chamber dumps, and darkspire runs. (The real one, not the fake Phoenix knock off.)

Still my favorite period in DAoC history was the launch of the Classic servers, up until the original Dragon Campaign.

Every one of these servers just do the RoG drops, epic vendors, weird RvR objectives thing. The hardcore guys stick around, but the casuals always get bored because the PvE side is dead. So you ultimately end up with the same dozen or so 8 mans running around and a bunch of solo minis/skalds. When the zerg dies, the server dies.
holzkohle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Just make archers crit more often. Or increase the critdamage overall and they will be fine. Making them fast as casters is a badmove cuz casters cant meele unless its a troll BD with PD5 Toughness5 and Adrenalinerush RAs
Trollocaust
Wanderer
Wanderer

Sorry but until archers can kill a yellow con mob before it gets in melee range, archery is broken.
Marcus
Count
Count

Trollocaust wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:10 pm Sorry but until archers can kill a yellow con mob before it gets in melee range, archery is broken.
This type of feedback is not needed. Most of your posts are like this as well. Given your name, this is your first and last warning. Have a 1 month break.