Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Kadorna
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Zombi Rezz Meta in BG scale

2tonted wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:38 am Hibs get ST on 2 classes
Mids get ST on 1 class and access to AoE stun on Healer
Albs get ST on 1 class and monsters

ST and AoE stun is just as big a deciding factor in zerg and keep/tower warfare. So it's all fair imo.

Lets get a look on TWF...oh wait...

Hibs get TWF on 1 classes
Mids get TWF on 2 class and access to AoE stun on Healer
Albs get TWF on 2 class and monsters

TWF and AoE stun is just as big a deciding factor in zerg and keep/tower warfare. So isnt all fair imo.
bAshl0r
Wanderer
Wanderer

Useless arguments from obvious alb players. no discussion here since arguments are absolute fail placed.

Good recommendations....

additional to my initial post i want to add the idea of a target cant be rezzed twice into zomby.
Rezz should have high cooldown and/or must cost 100% of mana.

Its not playable on a big scale when a dead alb bg is turned into zombies that is just not CCable and killing thru everlasting AOE rupt DD.

No skill needed here absolute broken mechanic.
Discussion that hib has 2x ST on classes that are rarely played or giving the argument to use ST....as already mentioned....Zombies cant be CCed at all.

Devs have to tune zombies down, in the event there were more zombies crushing the Drum Ligen door than defenders were in and winning just by this mechanic.
2tonted
Wanderer
Wanderer

You had me there until you said mentalists are rarely played :lol:
sandwurm
Wanderer
Wanderer

100% agree on the zombie issue. There is no counter to this, especially when large zombies run into tower and keep fights.

Moreover there is no malus to this, neither for the heretic (e.g. cooldown) nor for the player rezzed as zombie (they even avoid res-sick).
Any comparisson with static and twf are a completely different topic and useless at this point. You don't even have to use RA-points to Zombie-ress (like static or twf).
moped2k
Wanderer
Wanderer

Guys, this is not a Discussion about Balance or Imbalance, its about the Heretic-Monster-Rezz.
Stay Focused.

The Discussion about Balance or Imbalance whould be much bigger :D

Greatings Myst
Gildar
Wanderer
Wanderer

Another useless discussion about zombie rezz ???

Ofc this is by Hibs ...

Well zombie is the only counter to 3 baseline stun classes + 2 ST (resetting stun timer too) on Hib and insta aoe stun on Mid. I can understand that having something you cant stun everytime get you lost but no need to zerg forum and discord with the same argument.

There is alot of other things to fix that are real bugs, animist shrooms for example placed everywhere and rupting/rooting alot. Zombie rezz is a simple base mechanic of the game like bard insta mezz or mid insta stun and so on.

Nerfing this mechanic will trash tics almost to the ground. And if we can touch base mechanics so we need to strip baseline stun to elds and chanters too maybe ? or strip insta mezz or insta stun ? I dont believe this will be good.

Seriously hope that devs dont listen to all this useless things.

Imho.
rentwin
Wanderer
Wanderer

bAshl0r wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:14 am
my solution: either one or combination

- give high cooldown on zombi rezz i.e. 5min and make it cost 100% mana
- reduce time of effect to max 10-15 seconds
- make the AOE dmg NOT stackable so only one zombie makes dmg
- make the dmg not interuptabale
- give zombis 100% vulnerability to melee dmg so you can kill them
Custom nerfs are bullshit, if a person wants to delete the main utility of a class to strengthen their main realm.

There is only one real solution: Overhaul the (whole!) heretic to live like version. Rework the monster rezz. Give him his other tools like debuffs, buff shear, dd spell and dunno what´s also missing. Atm heretic is just a snare/rezz shell of his live version. If you nerf 50% of his main use, you can just delete the class.

Fun fact: 33% (or more) of the hib zerg can range (!) baseline stun. No points needed, no skill needed (the person who stuns, can also deal dmg), no real counters (besides det and 5min purge - if specced).
bAshl0r
Wanderer
Wanderer

you guys are so out of topic its disgusting.

baseline stun was in the game sind 2001. (23 YEARS)

The heretic has powerfull OP DDs with increasing dmg up to 1.2k and 40% AOE snare, he can superb heal, he has buffs. he can slam. he has a weapon.

tuning down the broken rezz would Nerf this class to 50% utility? aha

this means how much it is worth to albion, your only solution to push anything.

(little hint: minstrel has SOS and instant AOE mezz RR5, if a theurgist would follow you had instant AOE stun as well, needs coordination that u fail to do obiously Gilboom)
rentwin
Wanderer
Wanderer

So you say a ability which is "op" in many setting is okay, cause it´s there for over 20 years? I guess we can close this thread now.

Tell me in which setting a tic can really hit his dmg cap in rvr? Instant amnesia... ups cast again. Out of view.... ups cast again. etc

How many mincer are playing in big scale rvr compared to bards? How strong a minstrel atm compared to skald/bard?

Like i´ve said, make it tic live like (including monster rezz). It changes the whole monster. But a extreme nerf to the toolkit of one class, which has a much smaller toolkit than on live and not nerfing other "op" abilites, feels a bit cringe. I can see in your reaction how your argumentation works. Just nerf annoying abilities for you, but the annoying abilities of your chosen realm are totaly fine. ^^

Normally you find a compromise and not just yelling for a hard nerf. Fun facts: It´s counterable in small and wide areas:

1. Push the enemies or kill enemies at non rezzable areas in small areas.

2. SPREAD in wide areas and rupt the backline.

I know it´s much more difficult to move and be flexible than just standing behind stairs and bomb brainlessly with moc 5 and st.
bAshl0r
Wanderer
Wanderer

Comparing baseline stun here........Cleric has it, Healer has it.

We dont cry for AOE Stun on Mid Pacs either, its a core mechanic ever since.

Solution: get purge!

The Zombie is....

- taking no dmg
- not CC able
- has pulsing AOE rupting dot that stacks from all zombies that are in an area

There is NOTHING to counter this.

As explained....you kill 30 idiots and they get all Zombied up since Heretic is next to Friar the MOST played class in Alb compared to the Stats you see on this page.

Massive alb bg has MASSIVE amount of tics....massive zombies rezzes.....massive zombies.

They just push an close area and kill by just walking NOT CCABLE with everlasting AOE rupt dmg.

There is no counter to this, no evasion.

My thoughts had been made:

- change the DMG to NOT rupt like GTAOE is not ruping anymore
- change it to only one Zombie is doing dmg
- give rezz high cooldown to make it special
- make it cost 100% mana to at least put tics out of fight for a while
- make them vulnerable to physical dmg so tanks can kill them

Remove the mechanic to win fights by just stupidly rezzing people up. Stupid braking mechanic.

You cried so much over my Eld that made a change to the Eld RR5.

You found a way to counter this before with moc amnesia spam. Worked out.

Zombies you cant counter.