Eden for a casual competitive rvr player

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
trajons
Wanderer
Wanderer

Eden for a casual competitive rvr player

Hi!
I used to play on beta servers with i50 and fair equipment for everyone without the need for spending time on over.
I am eager to restart DAoC on this server I heard a lot of positive feedback. My limitation is 2-3hrs, 2-3x/week.
Including learning how Eden works, how many weeks do you think I need to be able to take part in competitive 8vs8 games? ...before any wiping out of my character with a season end.
Nunki
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Eden for a casual competitive rvr player

trajons wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am Hi!
I used to play on beta servers with i50 and fair equipment for everyone without the need for spending time on over.
I am eager to restart DAoC on this server I heard a lot of positive feedback. My limitation is 2-3hrs, 2-3x/week.
Including learning how Eden works, how many weeks do you think I need to be able to take part in competitive 8vs8 games? ...before any wiping out of my character with a season end.
Lvl 1-45 in a group of 3+ (including speed) might take 7 hours in battlegrounds only.
Solo probably 15-20 hours, less if you know what to do.
Rest to 50 is easily done with free lvl ups through raids/epics, you can start at 40+ with those.

Temping efforts mostly depend on raid availability, which depends on timezone and other stuff. Its still rather fast compared to most other non-i50 freeshards.

Second character is a lot easier as you can reinvest your BPs into gear, you can do daily rvr quests for currencies and RvR provides a good amount of gold (even after recharging costs).
trajons
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Eden for a casual competitive rvr player

Thank you very much for this clear answer. I hope to join Eden soon