Leveling

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Godfrey
Esquire
Esquire

Leveling

So far, the experience on Eden has been fantastic!

By far (obviously) most people seem to be attracted to PVP in the BG's for leveling. Not complaining about this and is something I actually love. However, I fear that it will deter some from playing the server. In order to keep both populations of people who seek two different play styles, is it possible to have BG/Dungeon at the same exp rate? I don't really foresee people ever using "open world" for exp besides large packs of mobs that only 1-2 classes farm and start charging services from other players (imo kinda kills the idea of grouping and playing over time). I think this will be beneficial to those who are seemingly underpowered in a certain BG due to time zone or just population for the BG at that time, that a player can have an alternative means to gain exp without worrying about it being at a "slower rate". I think more would enjoy groups/dungeons if quests were repeatable. Obviously, these quests would have to be tailored so that they are not over-rewarding.

Also, if "open world" aspects are needed, maybe having something like "rare mobs" spawns that correlate to unique gear dropping? A rare yellow named mob maybe with a respawn rate of 1-8 hours and will drop a unique piece of gear very strong for the level, an OJ 1-2 pieces, Red 1-3, Purple 3+ pieces of gear for a grp aspect. This way so a solo'er/explorer and do something fun and yet still get "good" gear by him/herself, as well as seek other players to take down, found higher-level rare mobs for chances of really good gear dropping for multiple people.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Re: Leveling

I agree, the BG leveling is fun, but I fear that it will take too much from "classic" PvE leveling, because it is just too much enjoyable.

It is not a big issue, for me, regarding low levels, where PvE leveling is really annoying (e.g. 1-30 is a real pain, 31-40 is a little better). But for lvl 41-50 there should be a kind of balance between exping in BGs and exping in PvE. Balance for fun and time spent to make those last 10 lvls, otherwise no one will exp in PvE
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Eeil/Vangonaj
Wanderer
Wanderer

PvE leveling should be faster and better.
Husc
Wanderer
Wanderer

PvE leveling cannot be fun. Daoc is an old MMORPG.
If its possible to level to 50 in RvR with fun, its great and must be a solution to reach 50 quickly.
Eeil/Vangonaj
Wanderer
Wanderer

Husc wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:27 pm PvE leveling cannot be fun. Daoc is an old MMORPG.
If its possible to level to 50 in RvR with fun, its great and must be a solution to reach 50 quickly.
Sometimes bgs are empty, and there are players who like pve too. This server should be freandly with all players.
Godfrey
Esquire
Esquire

Husc wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:27 pm PvE leveling cannot be fun. Daoc is an old MMORPG.
This has already proven to be false among shard players on other shards that have died out very quickly when you just /50 a new toon and roll out into RVR. Most of those shards lasted a week or a couple of months. People don't "always" enjoy the pain of leveling or grinding for gear, but it adds a weird element that makes you take pride in a character and lengthens the longevity of the game/experience.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Battlegrounds and RvR is not always an option to level characters due to a lack of players at times, so the same classic PvE options must be available to players in order to level toons and get loot and cash. So far I have examined leveling options in the following places: classic realm zones and SI, dungeons, darkness falls, frontiers, BG's.
- Classic realm zones and SI: The recent XP adjustment is noticable and appreciated, however the loot drops and cash could still use an adjustmentment upwards. Mob camps could use an adjustment as there seems to be a lot of aggro mobs wandering around camp sites, and the camp sites themselves are too spread out and lack the concentration and number of mobs that players like.

-Dungeons: I've ran Muire, Spraggon, and Koalinth for the quests. Drop and cash rate are the only big issues I have.

-Darkness falls: Same as with the other dungeons in re cash and drops.

-Frontiers and BG's: All of the BG's I have ran in could use a boost in the camp sites of mobs for leveling at the appropriate level range. Frontier towns and the area behind the realm walls could use an increase of mobs starting in the level 10 range for xp'rs. The frontier beyond the wall could use the same increase. Frontier XP can be one of the largest factors in creating more variety in RvR as it can offer solo and small man fights in remote places away from the battlegroups and 8 man zergs.

All in all things seem to be heading in the right direction, and the server stability has been solid.